Best Frequency Capping for Interstitial Ads in 2023
Interstitial ads are full-screen ads that appear between pages or activities on a website or app. They can be very effective at grabbing users’ attention and driving conversions, but it’s important to use them wisely.
If you show interstitial ads too often, you risk annoying your users and driving them away.That’s why it’s important to set a frequency cap for your interstitial ads. A frequency cap is a limit on the number of times a user can see an interstitial ad within a specified period of time.
What is the best frequency capping for interstitial ads?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best frequency cap for interstitial ads will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
• Your target audience
• The type of interstitial ads you’re showing
• The placement of your interstitial adsYour overall advertising strategy
However, a good general rule of thumb is to limit interstitial ads to one per user per session. This means that a user should only see an interstitial ad once when they visit your website or app.You may also want to consider setting a frequency cap on a weekly or monthly basis. For example, you might limit a user to seeing a certain number of interstitial ads per week or per month.
Tips for setting optimal frequency caps
Here are a few tips for setting optimal frequency caps for your interstitial ads:
• Start with a low frequency cap and gradually increase it over time. This will help you to gauge how your users react to interstitial ads and to find the right balance between revenue generation and user experience.
• Monitor your user analytics closely. Pay attention to metrics such as bounce rate, page views per session, and time on site. If you notice that any of these metrics are declining, it may be a sign that you’re showing too many interstitial ads.
• Use a variety of ad formats. Interstitial ads can be a great way to generate revenue, but they’re not the only way. Consider using other ad formats, such as banner ads, native ads, and video ads, to break up your interstitial ads and provide users with a more varied advertising experience.
• Consider your target audience. What are their pain points? What are their interests? What kind of ads are they most likely to respond to? By understanding your target audience, you can create interstitial ads that are more relevant and engaging.
• Test different frequency caps. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of what the best frequency capping for interstitial ads is. The best way to find out what works best for you is to experiment with different frequency caps and to monitor your results.